Crossroads Family Services is an accredited not-for-profit agency that provides foster care and support for approximately 150 children in care in the Edmonton & Area and Central Alberta regions.
Crossroads’ purpose is to provide safe, supportive homes for children in need, during the time that they are not able to reside with their own families. We recruit appropriate families, facilitate training, and provide support to enable our foster families to care for these children during this critical time.
Crossroads provides a competitive salary structure and provides a comprehensive benefit plan following completion of a probationary period. Our Crossroads team focuses on cultivating a collaborative and supportive work environment that reflects our agency mission of making wellness possible.
- A 2-year diploma in Child/Youth Care, Social Work or related human services degree is required.
- Superior keyboarding and computer skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills are required for this position.
- Experience working with Children’s Services and foster care is a definite asset.
- Current Criminal Intervention Check and Intervention Record Check and summary of driving record are conditions of employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Foster Care program staff focus on building relationships, providing support and guidance to foster parents, and acting as an advocate for the foster family and the children in their care.
We are seeking a mature, responsible individual who can function independently as well as within a tight-knit team. Our successful applicant is an outgoing individual who can model a positive approach, demonstrate respect, sensitivity, humour, good boundaries, and strong ethical principles.
We find successful, long term foster care support workers are passionate about supporting children and families, can focus on the positive even in challenging situations, and can manage a healthy work-life balance based on past work experience.
The Foster Care Support Worker (FCSW) will:
- Work together with the Crossroads team to provide ongoing support and guidance to assigned foster families in the day-to-day care for children placed in their homes
- Make foster child placements in assigned homes and monitor for successful matches through home visits and phone contact
- Provide support and advocacy to children in care with Crossroads and visit regularly with each child placed in assigned foster homes
- Monitor and maintain required documentation and processes in accordance with agency policies and Accreditation standards
- Support foster families at meetings and act as a liaison between the foster family and the Regional casework team
- Participate in after-hours on-call phone rotation, or in person to foster parents during emergencies
- Communicate and consult with case workers and other professionals regarding progress, case planning and recommendations
- Assist with orientation and ongoing training of foster parents as required
- Represent Crossroads in all interactions with families and other professionals
- Participate collaboratively in ongoing supervision, training, bi-weekly staff and support meetings, and other agency program activities
Send resumes by email to email@example.com
Attn: Jo-Ann Klapstein, Program Director
This is a full-time position that will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.