Becoming a successful foster parent involves professionally partnering with Crossroads, biofamilies, and Child and Family Services. Foster parents also require:
• A sense of humour, patience, and a genuine love for kids.
• The ability and willingness to collaborate with the service team.
• A strong support system and a willingness to ask others for support.
• Open communication strategies.
• The belief that sharing and talking about any subject is necessary for a healthy family.
• Appreciation for family time.
• A dedication to child development.